6 hittade annonser
We are 14 persons who are responsible for rotor and blade dynamics as well as secondary air systems in our gas turbines (Power output: 15-57 MW). Our main working tasks are the development of existing and future engines. We also give support to other departments such as manufacturing, sales, commissioning and service.
- The goal to design engines with higher efficiency leads to a tendency to design lighter and more highly loaded components.
- Forced response excitation is of particular interest and has to be predicted with accurate and validated tools in order to avoid failures. Forced response simulations are however very costly, especially when full 360-degree models are used.
- This high cost often leads to model simplification and/or size reduction.
We are now searching for a Master Thesis worker on the topic of Virtual Reality (VR) used for digital test assembly evaluations at Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB in Finspång, Sweden. You will explore a topic that covers digital test assembly in form of Virtual Reality simulations through HTC Vive and software Unity.
The challenge – project description
- Create a virtual environment to test a sub-assembly of the gas turbine and set up quick instruction virtually, also for verification a test for de-assembly for service will be evaluated
- Digital solutions in form of VR for collaboration and how to organize different engineering disciplines to get the most out of them, in this case R&D and Production evaluation for future concepts and implementations
- A deep dive into creating a process and method for sequencing assembly’s in VR and presenting in the virtual world
Be part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is high on the agenda.
The Master Thesis project at Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB in Finspång, Sweden, aims at developing a platform to store, analyze and visualize key blade parameters of different engines with respect to the dynamic behaviour.
- The development process for new engines take generally years. Every engine consists of a large part of components. One of the key parts on the core-engine is the blades, which are responsible for producing the work required. Each of these components is subject to different vibration challenges due to its interaction with the flow and thus each of them has a specific dynamic behaviour.
- The amount of information produced during the design process and later during engine tests is really valuable and generally stored in reports.
Master Thesis: Multi-Disciplinary Optimization with Focus on the Aeromechanics Design of an Industrial Last Stage Turbine Blade
We are now offering an interesting Master Thesis project at Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB in Finspång, Sweden.
- Multi-disciplinary optimization (MDO) has been playing an ever more important role in achieving a well-rounded design during both the early and mature design phases.
- This MSc thesis project aims at applying Siemens in-house optimization tool (e.g. Siemens HEEDS) to the aeromechanical design of an industrial last stage turbine blade taking into consideration the aerodynamics, structural dynamics, mechanical/dynamic integrity and with a key focus on the aeroelastic stabilities.
We are now searching for a Master Thesis student to Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB in Finspång, Sweden. The Master Thesis project will result in a report from the results of the testing with 3D models of how the pump flow varies with different outlet pressures and fluid viscosities.
Topic – what will the degree project involve?
- The work will include a background study regarding the theories of the internal gear pump efficiencies as well as a brief description of how the pump flow is currently represented in the gas turbine control system.
- Included is also to plan the set up for the test facility for testing the pumps and participation in the testing (most of the test facilities already exists just minor modifications are needed to accomplish the test).
Bli en del av en öppen och dynamisk arbetsplats där professionell och personlig utveckling står högt på agendan. Genom att göra hållbara energilösningar mer kostnadseffektiva gör vi verklighet av vår vision om en hållbar värld.
I detta examensarbete ska en utrustning för pulsationsmätning uppgraderas. Det innefattar byte av datainsamlingskort, uppdatering av operativsystem och mjukvara för det nya kortet, implementering av ny funktionalitet samt funktionstestning. Arbetet läggs upp enligt nedanstående:
- Introduktion till pulsationsmätsystemet 1 vecka
- Literaturstudie och beställning av utrustning 1 veckor
- Mjukvaruuppdateringar 3 veckor